Hi Green Drinkers,
We want to update you on some things. We’ve taken a few months off and put some feelers out in the Portland and Westside communities for how best to restart Green Drinks this fall.
We’re making a few changes to the organization of Green Drinks, thanks in part to the excellent feedback we received from attendees. We’re here to address those changes, and some things we are keeping the same, and how they will affect the two events we have been holding each month.
1. Instead of two Green Drinks events each month, we will scale back to just one. We will also alternate each month between Portland and Westside Green Drinks. This means we’ll hold at most, six Portland Green Drinks, and six Westside Green Drinks each year. We aim to help build up interest and participation in the events. As much as we love to put these on, we felt the two-each-month cycle was diluting the effectiveness and importance of the events. So, we’ll have more time now to organize and promote the events.
2. Attendance fees will remain $5 per person. Some of the feedback we received questioned why we charge $5 to attend events. Considerable time and cost goes into planning and promoting Green Drinks events. For those attending Westside events, we provide food and beverages at BestHQ. And for some events, rental fees do apply, especially for larger turnouts that require renting a full-room, private space. As much as we support the spirit of a sharing economy, the fact is that we cannot put on these events for free. We can however improve the experience. This leads to our next items…
3. Speaker and presenter microphones. Some events are well attended and feedback indicates it is sometimes hard to hear the speakers. Therefore, we have purchased a portable speaker and wireless mic setup to help with this! It should make a big difference.
4. Raffle prizes! This is an area we hope to give back. Portland Cider House is still excited to offer up their space, and as we’ve seen with some other Green Drinks events in the Northwest, raffle prizes are fun! All attendees will receive a raffle ticket and depending on the location and event, we will have a variety of prizes to give out. While we cannot give out “free” alcoholic beverages, we certainly can raffle off an empty growler and some cash to help fill it, as an example. Also…
5. Sponsorship opportunities! This is an area we are opening up for outside interest. While PDX and Westside Green Drinks is officially organized and managed by Canvas Host, we don’t want to take all the fun. So if you’re a local company that would love some exposure in front of a fantastic audience of green, well-educated, caring folks — yes, that is us giving you all a big shout-out — then please contact us at email@example.com. If you have items that you think would make great raffle prizes, we’d love to hear about them. All sponsors will be given 5-10 minutes to talk about their services and products, during the Green Drinks event they are sponsoring. And finally…
6. First Wednesday of each month. This is the day we will hold future Green Drinks events, whether PDX or Westside. We will alternate, again, every other month. So look for the return of PDX Green Drinks in October, Westside Green Drinks in November, and so forth.
We appreciate all the time and attention you provided us with your feedback. If you are interested in presenting, sponsoring, or assisting in Green Drinks, please do reach out. And, thanks again for your interest!