We’ve published a set of knowledgebase articles to address the most common questions about WordPress, and actively add new articles as questions are addressed.
View our WordPress knowledgebase for a complete listing of all articles.
Here are ten of the latest knowledgebase articles.
- To Change Your Password To change your password in current versions: In the Admin Panel menu, go to USERS Click on your username in the list to edit In the Edit User screen, scroll down to the New Password section and type in a new password in the two boxes […]
- There are many Themes available for download that will work with your WordPress installation. If the Theme that you are installing provides instructions, be sure to read through and follow those instructions for the successful installation of the Theme. It is recommended that Theme developers provide installation instructions for their […]
- Go to Plugins, Add New. Under search, type in the name of the WordPress Plugin, or Author in the search field. Once you find the WordPress Plugin you wish to install, click details for more information on how to setup the plugin. Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin. […]
- If a WordPress Plugin update is available, it will be shown on the Dashboard Panel, an alert on the Plugin’s menu title, and on the Plugin List. Follow the instructions to update the Plugin. Note: If a WordPress Plugin is not compatible or updated for the next release of WordPress, […]
- When visiting the Dashboard Updates Screen, if there are updates available for one or more themes (active and inactive), this message displays: The following themes have new versions available. Check the ones you want to update and then click “Update Themes”. Please Note: Any customizations you have made to the […]
- On the Settings->General screen in a single site installation of WordPress, there are two fields named “WordPress Address (URL)” and “Site Address (URL)”. They are important settings, since they control where WordPress thinks your site is located. They control the display of the URL in the admin section of your […]
- To install WordPress, simply log into cPanel, and click on “Fantastico De Luxe”, located under “Software / Services”. Then select WordPress from the list of available scripts that you can install, and follow the on-screen instructions. Please note, if you wish to install it in the root directory of your […]
- To embed a video or another object into a post or page, place its URL into the content area. Make sure the URL is on its own line and not hyperlinked (clickable when viewing the post). For example: Check out this funny clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd4fj9Efl4s Now that was funny! WordPress […]
- Sometimes, a problematic WordPress plugin prevents a user from logging into WordPress. This may be due to an error in the widget causing a visible output prior to the HTML headers being served to the browser. As a result, the user cannot establish a session while logging in, therefore cannot […]
- WordPress makes extensive use of the Apache rewrite directive to create search engine friendly URLs for pages and sections. When altering a WordPress installation, such as moving the contents of the blog to a separate directory and/or web host, the primary .htaccess file (located in the root directory for the […]